Tuesday, February 24, 2009

stomacheaches

I realized something very important about myself today, as I sit with a subtle stomach ache caused by eating only the last hamburger at the dining hall that had kind of been sitting there awhile, fries, and later some bread and a small portion of chicken wings (Boneless. Come on, now).

I wondered quietly to myself, "what if this subtle stomach rapidly developed into food poisoning from that room-temperature hamburger?" and then thought quietly to myself, "well then I suppose I could sue the dining hall..." But this is where the very important moral comes in.

More quiet contemplation, and I realized that I would much rather take a small lump sum bribe from "Sodexho" dining service.. services than sue them for all they're worth, because really, what does that prove? I would destroy their average at best reputation among whiny college students looking for something to complain about and cost them millions.

I would be thrilled to receive a couple thousand dollars for minor pains that would soon pass, and for Sodexho the day would also be saved, because colleges would pay them money still!

Like, $2000, that's a lot of money to me. What a treat! Everybody wins. Actually, I now realize that this "bribe" could also be taken care of in terms of a "settlement," which is a common and legal way to smooth things out. But bribes are pretty darn common, too, huh? Check out those senators... Like.. All of them. Look at that!

Anyway, just a thought about the exciting bribe turned settlement that is probably not coming my way. What a pleasant suprise though, providing that no one is seriously injured. People should be grateful for these many thousands of dollars, and not ask for anything more. But I guess that's nothing new. Greed. It happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment